Angelina College has released its visual and performing arts schedule for the upcoming 2018-2019 season, packing a full list of events catering to every taste.
Season subscriptions are available at the following levels: Corporate Donor, $750 (18 tickets per show); Scholarship Donor, $500 (12 tickets per show); Benefactor, $200 (6 tickets per show); Patron, $150 (4 tickets per show); Friend, $75 (2 tickets per show); and Regular, $40 (1 ticket per show). Music-only and theatre-only packages are also available. Season subscribers help fund Fine Arts scholarships.
The first theatre offering of the season, “Bell, Book and Candle,” will run Oct. 11- 13. This play is an enchanting tale about a spellbinding romantic triangle that is as magical as it is entertaining. A 50th anniversary musical showcase and reception beginning at 1:30 p.m. in the ACA lobby will precede the Oct. 13 matinee performance.
The next production is the classic musical “Guys and Dolls,” which will run Nov. 15-17. This production features such memorable songs as: “I’ll Know,” “If I Were a Bell,” “Luck Be a Lady” and “Sit Down, You’re Rockin’ the Boat.”
“Dial ‘M’ for Murder” will run Feb. 28 through March 2. This classic tale of suspense from the 1950s is one of the most performed mysteries in the world.
The final production of the season is “The Glass Menagerie” which will run April 25- 27. This play first premiered on Broadway in 1945 and is Tennessee Williams’ most personal work. “The Glass Menagerie” is a memory play set in St. Louis where Williams moved when he was eight. This beautiful, haunting family drama shows what happens when reality shatters one’s illusions.
Art exhibitions this season include the following:
- AC Art Faculty Exhibition, Sept. 4-26
- Robbie Lacomb: A Retrospective, Oct. 2-30
- Black History Month Exhibition and Live Poets Society Poetry Recital, Feb. 12-27
- Crnogorska: Works by Montenegrine Artists, March 5-27
- Graphic Arts Student Exhibitions, Nov. 6-21 and April 23- May 7
- Visual Arts Student Exhibitions, Nov. 27- Dec. 11 and April 2- 16
Musical offerings this season include the following:
- AC Chamber Winds & AC Swingin’ Roadrunner Jazz Combo, Oct. 2
- AC Swingin’ Roadrunner Jazz Combo and AC Community Big Band Fall Concert, Nov. 13
- 5th Annual “Holiday, Hope & Honor” featuring the AC Chorale & Friends, Nov. 29
- “America Remembers” featuring the Lufkin Community Band and AC Chamber Winds, Dec. 2
- AC Swingin’ Roadrunner Jazz Combo and AC Big Band in Concert and High School/Middle School Jazz Festival, March 7
- EXTRAVAGANZA! featuring the AC Singers & Guests, March 30
- “The Band and Our Soloists” featuring the Lufkin Community Band, April 14
- “This is AC!” featuring the AC Chorale & Friends, April 16
- AC Swingin’ Roadrunner Jazz Combo and AC Big Band in Concert, April 30
Click here for a full listing of event times and subscription and/or ticket information or contact the Temple Theater Box Office at (936) 633-5454, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.