Developing Government Contracting Opportunities
for the Texas Forest Country
The federal government buys $200 billion in goods and services each year from American businesses. Almost 98% of the contracts are for $25,000 or less. ACPAC can help you by providing free advice to small businesses and industries of East Texas to sell products and services to federal, state, and local government agencies.
Can ACPAC Help Me ?
Federal purchasing offices are required by law to set aside contracts or portions of prime contracts for exclusive bidding by small or minority-owned firms. ACPACs’ computerized market search matches your business’ capabilities and products with the millions of items and services purchased by local, state and federal government agencies. ACPAC staff has expertise in government marketing and contract administration and has a library of relevant government specifications, standards and regulations. ACPAC helps with:
- Daily bidding opportunities
- Unadvertised bids from major defense buying clients
- State and local government contract opportunities
- Identify Government agencies that have purchased your product in the past
Overview of Services Available
ACPAC assist small businesses in selling their goods and services to the various agencies that need them by providing individualized services to business clients in:
- Counseling Assistance – One of the most important services provided by ACPAC is counseling to the client on what opportunities exist for them to compete in government contracting. As with all ACPAC services, counseling is free.
- Computerized Bid-match Services – ACPAC provides a computerized bid-matching service to its registered clients via e-mail and in special circumstances by fax. Based on a keyword profile developed for each client that specifically describes the business’ goods and/or services, it conducts daily searches to find the RFQ’s (Requests for Quote) or RFP’s (Requests for Proposal) from various federal, state, and local procurement sites. Those RFQ’s and RFP’s that are specific to the business are then E-mailed DAILY to the client. This service is contracted through Comtech Management Systems. View a PDF list of the sites searched.
How Do I Get Started?
Deep East Texas Council of Governments counties (Angelina, Houston, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Newton, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Trinity, and Tyler) and The Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas
Served as needed the former counties of the 2nd Congressional District prior to the 2003 Texas redistricting (Cherokee, Grimes, Hardin, Liberty, Montgomery, Orange, and Walker)
The Angelina College Procurement Assistance Center was established in September 1992 under a continuing grant from the U.S. Department of Defense – Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and matching funding from Angelina College. This is just one of the 178 Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) located throughout the United States and Puerto Rico (http://www.dla.mil/SMALLBUSINESS/Pages/ptap.aspx) providing assistance to small businesses.