POSITION: Part-Time Administrative Assistant (ACA Building) – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Professional appearance.
- Excellent social skills; strong communication and interpersonal skills, including patience and compassion for a diverse student and employee population.
- Flexibility in coping with unexpected situations that may arise.
- Knowledge of basic clerical duties and phone skills.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Some college hours
- Two years clerical experience
- Be self-motivated and multi-task oriented with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Assistant Dean of Visual and Performing Arts for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performance of Clerical Duties for Department Visual and Performing Arts
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, tests, syllabi, and reports using Word.
- Obtain copies and collate materials as required.
- Maintain adequate supply of office materials for instructor use.
- Reception of Visitors
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, answer routine questions and refer others to appropriate person.
- Scan and sort mail for urgency and importance; distribute undesignated mail to appropriate personnel.
- Maintenance of Files and Records
- Collect data and prepare files for prospective students, current students, and graduates; maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics.
- Maintain records of students, faculty, courses of instruction, and syllabi as required by state or coordinating boards.
- Maintain calendar for appointments, schedules, and meetings for Dean of Arts and Education, Assistant Dean, and faculty; schedule conference rooms, lecture hall, and other division facilities.
- Departmental Budget
- Audit purchase requests against budget, prepare purchase requisition forms, verify receipts against requests, and process invoices.
- Monitor expenditures and make recommendations concerning budget transfers.
- Coordination of Activities of Assigned Work Study Students
- Assign tasks to work study students, allocate work time, maintain sign-in sheets and verify time sheets.
- Evaluate performance of student workers and advise Administrative Assistant to Dean of Arts and Education and/or to Assistant Dean of Visual and Performing Arts.
- Performance of Specific Duties as Assigned
- Perform satisfactory quantity and quality of output.
- Coordinate departmental competitions and workshops by:
- Preparing correspondence;
- Reserving building;
- Scheduling rooms; and
- Collecting fees.
- Assistance with Student Amateur and Professional Productions Visual and Performing Arts
- Coordinate as needed with box office manager seasonal, prior, and at-the-door ticket sales to all events. This includes night and weekend performances.
- Some evening hours may be required in support of music and theatrical performances.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$10.00 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY