POSITION: Part-Time Administrative Assistant, SBS and Business Division – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year of experience serving in a clerical position in a multi-tasking business, education, or public service setting required.
- Computer skills necessary, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel) required.
- Some work experience in an educational institution preferred.
- Some college courses completed preferred.
- Good English language, interpersonal, listening and verbal communication skills preferred.
- Knowledge of basic clerical duties and responsibilities preferred.
- A customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students preferred.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Associate Dean of the SBS/Business Division for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, answer specific as well as routine questions and refer others to appropriate person or department;
- Scan and sort mail for urgency and importance. Distribute undesignated mail to appropriate personnel;
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, tests, syllabi, and reports using MS Word and Excel;
- Make copies and collate material as required;
- Meet class if instructor is absent or late as needed;
- Inventory office and classroom supplies including ink cartridges for printers;
- Prepare copy reports; and
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly manner, performs satisfactory quantity and quality of output, and perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$8.50 to $9.38 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY