POSITION: Full-Time Administrative Assistant – School of Arts & Education – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of experience serving in a clerical position in a multi-tasking education or public service setting.
- Computer skills necessary, including Microsoft Office Suite and Jenzabar.
- Good English language and grammar skills.
- Must have good listening, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Must maintain a neat appearance.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Knowledge of basic clerical duties and responsibilities.
- At least three years administrative work experience in an educational setting, preferably at a community college.
- Supervisory experience.
- Be self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Dean of Arts and Education for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Record and transcribe minutes of departmental, committee, and agency meetings and coordinate the same;
- Make copies and collate material as required;
- Coordinate and enter class schedule and other pertinent data into Jenzabar software;
- Prepare all Form 8 spreadsheets for liberal arts classes, on and off campus;
- Order examination copies of textbooks;
- Receive visitors and telephone calls, answer specific as well as routine questions and refer others to appropriate person or department;
- Scan and sort mail for urgency and importance. Distribute undesignated mail to appropriate personnel;
- Collect data and prepare files for prospective students, current students, and graduates;
- Maintain records of students, faculty, courses of instruction and syllabi as required by state or coordinating boards;
- Maintain calendar for appointments, schedules, and meetings for Dean;
- Schedule conference rooms, lecture halls, and other division facilities and coordinate with centralized room scheduling office;
- Audit purchase requests against budget, prepare purchase requisitions for supplies for faculty and school, verify receipts against requests and process invoices;
- Monitor school expenditures by entering data into PC, post expenditures to appropriate accounts, and make recommendation concerning budget transfers;
- Assign tasks to work study students, allocate work time, monitor online time sheets and verify time sheets;
- Evaluate performance of work-study students and report it to the Dean;
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly manner and perform satisfactory quantity and quality of output; and
- Meet class if instructor is absent or late as needed.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$11.00 – $12.00 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY