POSITION: Full-Time Administrative Assistant – School of Science & Mathematics – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year of experience serving in a clerical position in a multi-tasking education or public service setting.
- Computer skills necessary, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel) and web browsers.
- Associate’s degree.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Be self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Associate Dean of Science and Mathematics for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Secretarial and administrative assistant duties for school faculty and Associate Dean;
- Coordinate, record, and transcribe minutes from school meetings;
- Coordinate and enter class schedule and other pertinent data into the College’s institutional computer software system;
- Ensure all faculty have copies of required textbooks, lab manuals, and other instructional materials;
- Maintain faculty schedule;
- Schedule rooms;
- Monitor and record division expenditures, verify receipt of purchased goods and services, and process invoices;
- Prepare and collate bid lists for classroom/lab supplies and coordinate quote solicitations from vendors;
- Coordinate activities of assigned work study students;
- Meet class if instructor is absent or late as needed;
- Coordinate work orders between faculty/staff and the Maintenance Department;
- Maintain a professional appearance; and
- Be punctual and dependable.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$11.00 – $12.00 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY