POSITION: Full-Time Adult Education Instructor/ESL Recruitment – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two-years teaching experience in Adult Education, Higher Education or K – 12.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience with spreadsheets and databases.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Texas Teacher Certification.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Adult Basic Education for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Travel throughout the Angelina College service area;
- Instruct adults in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics for English language acquisition on the Main Campus in Lufkin.
- Administer and evaluate student baseline and progress assessments.
- Recruit students into adult education programs as well as Integrated EL Civics, Integrated Education & Training and Academies.
- Provide New Student Orientation in a group or individual setting.
- Assist students in setting attainable goals and completing an Individual Training, Education and Career plan (ITEC).
- Serve as AEL Instructional Lead to effectively coordinate program instruction by guiding overall service delivery and implementing the Texas AEL Content Standards and contextualization methods.
- Prepare lesson plans correlated to the Texas Content Standards and monitor student performance.
- Instruct adults in workforce preparation activities for Integrated Education & Training and/or Integrated EL Civics.
- Coordinate instruction with student goals, program goals and other staff members.
- Assist in the collection and timely reporting of student data into the Texas Educating Adults Management System (TEAMS) database.
- Complete and maintain required student records.
- Assist with enrolling, monitoring and following-up with Distance Learning students.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information and materials according to FERPA guidelines.
- Participate in Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) required Professional Development annually.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $34,000 – $36,000 in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY