The Angelina College Scholarship application will be down during the software conversion. It will be back up on April 15, 2019. The scholarship deadline is June 22, 2019.
Smith-Hutson Scholarship – The Smith-Hutson Scholarship Application is now available online through the AC General Scholarship Application at angelina.academicworks.com.
Signing up for an account
- Click on the link above to go to the new scholarship website
- Click on the Sign Up button in the top right corner
- You must sign up using your Angelina College email address that is given to you when you apply for admission. If you have forgotten your AC email address, please refer to your acceptance letter for your student ID. Your email address is the first 3 numbers of your student id, your first initial, and your last name @student.angelina.edu. For example: Joe Smith ID#123004567 would be firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems with this email, or do not know your password in order to access your email, contact the helpdesk at (936)633-5208.
- Set up a unique password that you will remember. This password does not have to be the same as your student email password.
- Click Sign Up in the bottom right of the dialogue box.
- Check your email for a confirmation email. Once you have confirmed your account, you can begin completing your scholarship application.
Completing a scholarship application
You must provide answers to all questions that are applicable to you. Be prepared to provide high school information if you are a recent graduate, or transfer information if you have attended any other colleges. All required documents (transcripts, test scores, etc…) must be uploaded to your online application prior to the scholarship deadline. All scholarships require at least one essay, but some will require additional essays. You will be directed to these scholarships if you meet the basic criteria.
Checking your application status
You will be able to log in to your Angelina College Scholarship account at any time in order to check the status of your application. Emails will also be sent whenever a change in your status has occurred. Please check back frequently to be sure that no additional information is needed, or to accept any offers made to you. Scholarships must be accepted by a certain date or they will be offered to the next qualified student.
New high school graduates March 1st
All others June 15th
Q1. How do I get an Angelina College email address?
You must complete an admissions application either through the Angelina College website or Apply Texas website. You will receive an acceptance letter in the mail shortly after you apply. This letter will contain your student email. It is important to check this email frequently as it is how you will receive much of your communication from the college.
Q2. Do I have to answer all of the questions?
No. Some of the questions are optional depending on your high school graduation date or college attendance record. Please note that if insufficient information is provided in order to process your application, you will be notified and your application will not be considered for a scholarship award until all information is received.
Q3. Can I save my application and come back to it later?
Yes. Simply click on the “Save and Keep Editing” button at the bottom of the page. Be sure to log out of the application by going to the menu bar at the top of the page, click on the down arrow next to your name, and select “sign off”.
Q4. Will I receive a letter in the mail about scholarships?
No. All notification is done online. Please log in to your scholarship account and check your status in order to determine whether you have been offered a scholarship or not.
Q5. Will I have to write a thank you note?
Yes. Once a scholarship, or opportunity, is offered to you, there will be certain steps you must complete before your award is put in to your student account. Please follow the acceptance instructions carefully to be sure you are doing everything required in order to receive your scholarship.
Any questions should be directed to the Angelina College Scholarship Coordinator at email@example.com or (936)633-4545.