POSITION: Full-Time Assistant Controller – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- Five years’ accounting experience; knowledge of current GAAP.
- Demonstrated collaborative management and team building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, problem solving and accounting skills.
- Strong computer/technical skills and have experience with spread sheets, charts, and data bases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree with a concentration in business or business related field.
- Governmental or higher education experience.
- Active CPA License or working towards CPA License.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Some travel may be required.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Controller for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the annual external audit process and the preparation and compilation of the College’s Annual Financial Report;
- Oversee the management and supervision of business office employees, including communicating job expectations, monitoring and evaluating job performance and maintaining employee work schedules;
- Create an office climate that results in high employee morale and excellent customer service;
- Assist in preparing internal financial statements and budgets;
- Assist with the monthly and fiscal year-end close processes, and production of periodic and ad hoc financial reports for internal and external users, including senior management;
- Develop and communicate relevant changes to College accounting policies and procedures to the College community;
- Prepare and/or review monthly recurring and miscellaneous journal entries;
- Review and/or prepare monthly account reconciliations; and
- Support the timely distribution of the College’s corporate financial statements to all internal and external users, including the Board of Trustees and administration.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $50,000.00 – $60,000.00, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY