POSITION: Full-Time Assistant Director of Academic Success – Lufkin – REVISED
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years full-time experience in an education, business, or career office setting.
- Experience advising, mentoring, and/or training high school students or adults.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Computer skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel) and web browsers.
- Knowledge of student information systems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience working with students.
- Knowledge of issues concerning student success.
- Familiarity with the academic environment and higher education.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and high school administrators.
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Academic Success for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with dual credit and general student registration;
- Communicate with high school and college staff and administrators as needed;
- Communicate dual credit requirements to students, parents, and high school staff;
- Assist with day-to-day management of the Academic Success Office;
- Assist the director in maintaining current degree information in the institution’s student information system;
- Work with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to resolve issues related to dual credit students;
- Assist Enrollment Services staff in processing required admissions documents for dual credit students;
- Assist the director with overseeing applications, documenting statements of permission release, and registering all dual-enrolled students;
- Serve as the liaison between high schools and the College for college prep courses;
- Assist with collecting and analyzing data to monitor the success of Academic Success programs;
- Assist the director in maintaining and establishing a positive working relationship between the College and service area high schools;
- Supervise staff at the reception area and ensure the reception area is staffed at key times; and
- Maintain professional competence; serve as an ambassador for the college, and be committed to the mission and vision of the college.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $40,000 per year, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY