POSITION: Full-Time Assistant Director of Athletics – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and five (5) years’ business or administrative experience; the College will consider a comparable combination of education, knowledge, and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems commonly found within higher education athletics operations.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Earned Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Community college experience, especially in intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
|• Exudes enthusiasm||• Advocates for student-athletes||• Builds effective team environment|
|• Values differences||• Strives for excellence||• Instills trust|
|• Ensures accountability||• Manages complexity||• Diffuses unhealthy conflict|
|• Communicates effectively||• Collaborates||• Balances interests|
|• Organizes and follows through|
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Athletic Director for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate an abiding commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Angelina College;
- Demonstrate a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles, values, truthfulness, and accuracy in all words and deeds;
- Help to ensure compliance with college, NJCAA, and Region XIV rules and regulations;
- Ensure appropriate documentation of student-athlete eligibility;
- Collaborate closely with the Athletics Director to foster a team culture among coaches and other members of Athletics staff; provide functional supervision for head coaches, assistant coaches, athletic trainers, and the sports information director;
- Provide administrative (direct) supervision of all part-time Athletics employees;
- Organize and oversee purchasing and monitor Athletics expenses to identify opportunities for cost savings and/or efficiencies;
- Oversee and coordinate on-campus Athletics events and games, including concessions;
- Assist the Athletics Director with the development of the annual Athletics budget request;
- Work closely and collaboratively with the other college administrative units (e.g., Academic Success Center, Financial Aid, Admissions, International Student Services, Library and Tutoring Center, Student Conduct and Discipline Program, Residence Life, Student Life, etc.), to ensure appropriate support and accountability for student-athletes throughout the institution;
- Work closely and collaboratively with other college administrative units (e.g., Physical Plant Operations, Business Office, Campus Store, Information Technology Office, Human Resources, etc.), to ensure Athletics communicates effectively and complies with various rules, procedures, and processes; and
- Assist with Athletics fundraising initiatives and collaborate with the Office of Institutional Advancement.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $50,000.00, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY