POSITION: Full-Time Assistant Registrar – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of higher education practices in a community college setting.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with administering institutional, third party, local, state, and federal testing modules.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Solid critical thinking skills to understand student and staff issues.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to gather facts and to analyze situations objectively, accurately, and in an organized fashion.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Capacity for prioritizing conflicting demands.
- Attentive to deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various departments and cross-functional teams.
- Positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Registrar with daily office email, course set up or changes and student, faculty and staff inquiries.
- Assist the Registrar with local, state and federal reports.
- Assist the Registrar with degree evaluations.
- Assist the Registrar with common, admissions and registration modules of the student information system.
- Administer, proctor, and transmit results of various tests conducted through the Testing Center including standardized tests such as TSI(A), Pearson, ACT, and VCT.
- Evaluate credit equivalency for Advanced Placement, CLEP, and Credit by Experience and communicate with appropriate academic schools.
- Oversee Testing services; policies and procedures; training; scheduling including coverage of evening and off-campus hours; and communication to students and faculty.
- Observe college, state, federal and test agency policies and procedures for security/confidentiality of all records.
- Track and generate reports relating to Testing Center usage and statistics.
- Collaborate with Director of Student Success and Inclusion to ensure appropriate testing accommodations are made when necessary.
- In conjunction with business office process, collect and deposit money from testing fees.
- Foster an atmosphere of excellent customer service.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $40,000 – $45,000, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY