POSITION: Full-Time Assistant Softball Coach – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities in a collegiate environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Public service orientation to work well with faculty/staff/students and community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work with diverse team in a fast paced environment.
- Acceptable computer skills.
- Ability to stay abreast of current and developing trends (video, audio, data).
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Head Softball Coach for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the head coach with management and directing the softball program;
- Meet with head coach to insure NJCAA, Region XIV, and Angelina College eligibility requirements are met;
- Keep up to date statistics and provide them to the appropriate entity (NJCAA, Region XIV, SID);
- Assist head coach to arrange for team travel and recruiting;
- Assist in development of a consistent and well organized fall and spring schedule;
- Develop a recruitment plan and actively recruit student-athletes;
- Maintain softball field to a level that exemplifies the campus spirit and expectation, not limited to dragging the infield, edging, mowing, watering, seeding, and trash pickup;
- Actively participate in local community service projects and activities;
- Conduct camps to provide to youth in the service area;
- Assist in program fundraising efforts;
- Track the academic progress of each player in all classes;
- Develop consistent and well organized practice schedules;
- Teach the fundamentals and advanced sport specific skills to student-athletes;
- Develop a well-organized sport specific weight training program for in-season and out-of-season;
- Supervise the student-athlete study hall;
- Establish and maintain a code of behavior for student-athletes on and off campus; and
- Serve as an instructor in the HPED Program or serve as a generalist in the Student Affairs Division.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
$24,000 per year, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY