POSITION: Full-Time Bookstore Head Cashier/Clerk – Lufkin
- High school diploma.
- One to three years’ retail and/or college retail experience.
- Successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload while paying attention to detail.
- Basic cashiering and customer service techniques, practices and procedures.
- Supervisor experience.
- Inventory management, shipping and receiving.
- Basic record-keeping techniques and mathematical computations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of student and faculty.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
The position will report to the Bookstore Manager for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the daily activity of the front-end: work as a cashier as needed, open and close registers, assist in daily deposit, resolve customer service issues, assist with the maintenance of the POS system, provide training and support to the cashiers;
- Assist with inventory control: monitor inventory levels of all merchandise, ensure shelves and displays are restocked. Participate in inventory counts. Prepare, replace and affix price and barcode labels to products. Participate in the textbook buy back process;
- Manage the set-up of textbook shelves: confirm shelf space for classes, place shelf cards for classes with special notes and prices;
- Manage daily activities in shipping and receiving: check merchandise received, return defective merchandise, supervise receipt of all incoming merchandise;
- Oversee online orders: pull orders from computer, check for payment method, set up delivery method with FedEx, UPS, or carrier, take calls and questions concerning orders, call or email customers when orders cannot be processed to resolve the issue, maintain accurate records of orders processed, handle claims for damaged or missing merchandise;
- Greet and assist students and other bookstore customers; respond to customer inquiries and provide general information concerning bookstore product information and locations;
- Maintain bookstore environment in a clean and orderly condition; organize displays and assure cleanliness of floor, counters and shelves;
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a copier, computer, phone and software;
- Communicate with personnel and customers to exchange information and resolve issues;
- Maintain routine records related to assigned activities as required; and
- Be available to work extended hours during peak times and for annual inventory.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$11.50 – $12.50 per hour/40 hours per week
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY