POSITION: Full-Time Business Office Clerk – Cashier – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma required.
- Three years’ cashier, teller, or similar experience, including demonstrated experience in serving the public required.
- Ability to meet and serve the public tactfully and effectively.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees required.
- Ability to multi-task required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of student and faculty required.
- Superior customer service required.
- Ability to work successfully as a team required.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Five years’ cashier, teller, or similar experience, including demonstrated experience in serving the public preferred.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Assistant Controller for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work the front window of the Business Office;
- Perform clerical tasks, as needed;
- Enter dorm reservations and meal plan choices;
- Reconcile payroll bank statements;
- Scan and check payroll documents;
- Answer Business Office phone calls;
- Enter or check journal entries;
- Assist with new student orientations and registrations;
- Sort Business Office mail;
- Distribute Business Office faxes;
- Maintain Business Office supplies; and
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$10.50 to $11.60 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY