Cost: $3,986 for the six-week program
Enroll in Professional Truck Driver Training at Angelina College and study to earn a Class A Texas Commercial Driver License. Successful students will be eligible for employment interviews with local and national companies. Entry level wages average $35,000 annually.
Six-week day program:
- 286 hours
- Industry-appropriate equipment used for training
- Opportunity to meet industry recruiters
- 18 years old for intrastate and 21 years old for interstate
- Pass DOT physical
- Pass DOT drug test
- Good driving record
- Valid Class C driver license with no holds or suspensions
|Tuition||$ 3,800.00||Payment plans are available. Student must set up plan prior to course start date. Ask office staff for more information.|
|Sub Total||$ 3,800.00||Amount paid to Angelina College|
|DOT Physical||$ 75.00||Student will pay fee to East Texas Drug Testing. See information below.|
|DOT Drug Test||$ 50.00||Student will pay fee to East Texas Drug Testing. See information below.|
|CDL||$ 61.00||Student will pay this fee to Texas DPS after the class has started. The instructor will provide additional instructions in class.|
- Obtain a referral for the DOT drug test and DOT physical from Community Services.
- Follow the instructions below for completing the DOT drug test and physical.
- Submit two-sided registration form and proof of valid driver license to Community Services.
- Make payment or set up payment plan.
- Attend mandatory orientation prior to class start date (TBA).
DOT Drug Screen and DOT Physical
- Prospective students must obtain a referral card for a DOT drug screen and DOT physical by visiting the Community Services building on campus. The Community Services office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Summer hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:15 a.m.- 5:45 p.m. Phone: (936) 633-5206.
- After receiving a referral card from Community Services, prospective students will be directed to East Texas Drug Testing, located at Ellis Chiropractic, 1302 South Medford Drive, Lufkin, TX. East Texas Drug Testing performs DOT drug testing on a walk-in basis. DOT physicals are available by appointment only, and prospective students with a referral card should call East Texas Drug Testing for an appointment, (936) 639-1502.