POSITION: Full-Time Coordinator of Grounds and Transportation – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Advanced knowledge of grounds maintenance required.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing/leading a grounds or similar staff required.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of students and faculty required.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrate superior customer service.
- Spanish Speaking preferred.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Must be able to approximately lift 30 pounds or more multiple times during a shift.
- May have to stand and/or walk for prolong periods of time.
- Exposed to weather.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Physical Plant and Campus Services for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Train, supervise, and direct the daily activities groundskeepers;
- Maintain and assist the Police Department in controlling the parking lots;
- Inspect, maintain and repair underground water, sewer, storm drain, sprinkler and gas lines;
- Assist in developing an annual preventive maintenance plan;
- Maintain and update a safety plan;
- Assist in recommending and directing the application of fertilizer, sprays, plants and landscaping;
- Assist in maintaining the college vehicles and maintenance logs;
- Maintain college equipment and keep a log on each piece of equipment;
- Perform regular grounds inspections and provide a report and recommendations to Physical Plant Director; and
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and how to contribute to the mission of the college.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $40,000 – $50,000 in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, and a resume are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY