Coordinator of Environmental Projects (CEP)
Director of Physical Plant
- Vice President of Business Services
- Director of Physical Plant
- Coordinator of Environmental Projects
- Mathematics and Science Associate Dean/Division Director
- Technology/Workforce Associate Dean/Division Director
- Stage Operations Manager
- Beautification/Safety Committee Representative
Shall be defined within the confines of the property owned and/or managed by Angelina College of Lufkin, Texas. The main campus lies in a north-westerly direction from the intersection of US Highway 59 South (3500 South First Street) and FM 819 (College Drive). The approximate area of the main campus is 205 acres. Also included will be remote facilities that are managed by AC.
To ensure that all Angelina College (AC) Facilities are in compliance with applicable state and federal environmental regulations, in order to reduce the possibility of regulatory citations and fines. To minimize AC’s impact on the local environment, by reducing pollution and generated waste.
Angelina College is committed to achieving and sustaining environmental awareness and protection while striving to educate responsible people.
Angelina College will:
- Comply with all pertinent environmental regulations mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency, Texas Commission on Environmental
- Quality, Angelina County and the City of Lufkin.
- Strive to reduce AC’s impact on the natural environment.
- Reduce the use of toxic substances and the generation of hazardous wastes.
- Promote awareness and understanding of environmental issues among faculty, staff and students.
- Maintain regulatory status as a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) of Universal and Hazardous Waste.
- Strive to reduce energy and water consumption.
Environmental Management System – A set of management processes and procedures that allow Angelina College to analyze, control, monitor and reduce the environmental impact of its activities.
- A continual improvement process of Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Primary focus is on regulatory compliance
- Format is based on the ISO 14001 EMS Platform
- Will not be certified to the ISO standard
- Defines roles and responsibilities of the EMS
- Identify and prioritize environmental impacts
- Set measurable objectives and targets
- Develop programs to achieve objectives and targets Monitor and measure progress
- Communicate results
- Establish boundaries
Angelina College will consider full compliance with the law to be the minimally acceptable standard and will exercise whatever control is reasonable and necessary to avoid harm to the public health and environment, whether or not such control is required by regulations.