POSITION: Full-Time Director of Nursing Programs – Lufkin – REVISED
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in a professional nursing education program.
- Have been actively employed in nursing for the past three (3) years or have advanced preparation in nursing, nursing education and/or nursing administration.
- Hold a current license or privilege to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- Knowledge and competence in nursing, communication, leadership skills and the ability to plan, direct and supervise.
- Skills and ability to use current technology.
- Must possess the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Advanced degree, experience in nursing education, membership and participation in professional organizations desirable.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Travel is required to clinical sites.
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting, transfer, ambulate patients in the clinical area, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; occasional stressful situations and/or situations involving complex interpersonal communication.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Vice President of Academic Affairs for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise and guide the development of, and changes in the Nursing programs curriculum as designated by regulating agencies and/or Angelina College;
- Prepare all required reports per agency requirements;
- Oversee operation of main and distance campuses nursing programs;
- Monitor program courses and clinical schedules to maintain allocated hours;
- In collaboration with Administration, create faculty teaching load and assignments for each semester;
- Evaluate instruction and the results of instruction in the program;
- Collaboratively seek/make recommendation for changes when needed;
- Coordinate the revision and completion of course syllabi each semester;
- Participate in recruiting, selecting, and orienting new faculty;
- Maintain and secure personnel files for each faculty member within the program;
- Maintain current records for each faculty member of licensure, immunization, CPR, CEU’s;
- Annually meet with and evaluate each nursing faculty and other supporting team members;
- Hold program meetings to keep faculty informed of pertinent information and to discuss program objectives;
- Organize and conduct Nursing Program Advisory Committee meeting each fall and spring semesters;
- Prepare and supervise the execution of the program’s budget in a manner to promote a quality program;
- Attend college meetings and maintain employee education requirements;
- Serve as a liaison between Angelina College Nursing Programs and interested community health agencies or groups;
- Maintain and secure student files according to Angelina College policy;
- Represent Angelina College in selected professional meetings; and
- Carry a teaching load of no more than three (3) clock hours per week, if required to teach.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
10.5 month contract with overload pay. Salary assigned according to salary schedule in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY