Success At AC – Find out if online classes are right for you!
Blackboard Help Desk Email: email@example.com
Angelina College operates teaching centers located in Crockett (Houston County), Hemphill (Sabine County), Jasper (Jasper County), Livingston (Polk County), Nacogdoches (Nacogdoches County), Sabine (Sabine County), San Augustine (San Augustine County), Trinity (Trinity County), and Woodville (Tyler County).
In addition, courses are offered through interactive video, via the Internet and through the Virtual College of Texas in joint cooperation with other Texas colleges. All general academic regulations in effect on the Lufkin campus are maintained at the teaching centers and in other methods of distance education delivery of courses.
Virtual College of Texas
The Virtual College of Texas (VCT) is a collaborative of Texas community and technical colleges; it is not a separate, independent entity. A service of the Texas Association of Community Colleges, VCT has been operational since the Fall Semester, 1998.
To increase access to higher education and improve student success through sharing of eLearning resources among Texas two-year colleges.
These resources include courses, programs, instructors, technology, and administrative and technical support.
Procedural List for VCT Students
- You have made a reservation for a class through the Virtual College of Texas. Angelina College is hosting this course but another institution is providing the course. There is a $40 technology fee to help defray the cost of this service.
- Since Angelina College is hosting this course, students must adhere to AC procedures, including deadlines for withdrawals.
- This reservation does not enroll you with Angelina College. Please retain your VCT reservation documents to be admitted to the course.
- The Distance Education Office must have written notification if you decide not to enroll or to drop the course. You should fax a request to drop to the D.E. office at (936) 633-3235 to inform us of your decision. You will not be withdrawn from Angelina College unless you follow the procedure to withdraw officially.
- Students are responsible for obtaining their VCT books.
- Students receiving financial aid may apply for a help loan to assist in purchasing their books through Special Student Support Services, Room 208, Student Center. Students must supply a printed copy of the name of the textbook and its cost from either the college offering the course or an Internet textbook service. Loan applications must be submitted before noon on Thursday of every week.
- Testing for VCT courses is done through the Angelina College Testing Center (SC Room 200). VCT students must contact the ACTC by completing a VCT Internet appointment form located on angelina.edu website. If you are unable to test at the pre-arranged time, you must notify the testing office by calling (936) 633-5495 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who live in the Off Campus Jasper area may schedule their exams at the Jasper Center by calling (409) 489-9000. Student using the Jasper Center must identify Jasper as their testing location at the time of making their VCT reservation or by e-mailing the Angelina College Testing Center at email@example.com. Students who live in the Livingston area may test at the Livingston Teaching Center on the 2nd and 4th Thursday evenings by appointment. Email Mrs. Amason at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who live in the Crockett area may test at the Crockett Teaching Center on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday evenings by appointment. Contact Ms. Cummings by email: email@example.com.
- Your documents include both a phone number and an e-mail address for the VCT coordinator of the providing institution and the VCT course instructor. Please notify these individuals after making your reservation to receive specific information for accessing the course.
Students interested in Virtual College of Texas courses must contact the Office of Distance Education (936) 633-5392 to make your reservations early.