POSITION: Part-Time Distance Education Proctor – Livingston
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with technology and video conferencing a plus.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Be self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Coordinator of the Polk County Center for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as support and contact for the distance instructor;
- Adhere to the institution’s interpretation of FERPA rules for the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, etc.;
- Safeguard the security of testing materials, students’ test scores, and other classroom assignments;
- Monitor distance classrooms and inform distance instructor of any disruptive classroom behavior;
- Communicate with students, instructors, center staff, and the public in a professional, pleasant, and effective manner;
- Check AC email for communications from distance instructor or other college personnel;
- Maintain a professional appearance;
- Arrive ahead of class time to get materials ready before class begins;
- Be punctual and dependable; and
- Assist in the office by answering phones, copying, etc.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$9.00 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY