POSITION: Part-Time Distance Education/Testing Assistant – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma/GED.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Associates degree.
- Previous experience in test administration.
- Coordinating, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others or in teams.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate professionally under pressure.
- Experience using a learning management system (LMS), such as Blackboard.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- The assistant may be required to visit classrooms or offices at locations throughout the campus to assist faculty using distance education technology.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Senior Director of Distance Education & Testing for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work as part of a team and demonstrate regular and punctual attendance;
- Administer standardized tests, including the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) and PearsonVue certification exams;
- Comply with guidelines and legal requirements for administration of various contracted testing programs;
- Maintain integrity in the testing environment;
- Maintain the security of testing materials and test scores by monitoring test records and following custody return procedures;
- Comply with FERPA regulations and institutional policies regarding the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, etc.;
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with students;
- Comply with deadlines, important dates, and state and federal mandates affecting testing services;
- Complete training required to administer exams;
- Respond appropriately to requests for support from DE instructors; and
- Assisting Testing & DE staff with clerical tasks as needed.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$10.00 per hour, 19.5 hours per week. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY