POSITION: Part-Time Electromechanical Technology – Electrical Instructor – Community Services – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Spring 2018
- Associate’s degree in Electromechanical Technology or related field of study required.
- Minimum five years of verified experience in electrical system maintenance including electrical fundamentals, motor controls, PLCs, and precision maintenance required.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements required.
- Excellent English language, oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, particularly with diverse populations required.
- Classroom teaching experience preferred.
- Industrial site foreman or supervisory experience preferred.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
This position description is not intended to provide a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Dean of Community Services for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to teach during the daytime (8am-5pm) Monday through Friday;
- Must be able to interact with a diverse student population;
- Assist with curriculum development for courses related to electrical fundamentals, motor controls, PLCs, and precision maintenance;
- Deliver training courses using related materials to support course objectives;
- Develop and/or follow a course syllabus for each course;
- Submit any required college reports and forms in a timely manner;
- Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives; and
- All employees are expected to adhere to the Angelina College Policies and Procedures Manual.
$21 per hour. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin, TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive co-education public junior college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated in East Texas about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY