POSITION: Full-Time Employee Benefits Specialist – Lufkin – REVISED
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Associate’s degree and at least five years of experience in a business setting; OR
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in a business setting.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and controls, as well as experience with Word Processing software.
- A high level of proficiency and expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret legal contracts and federal and state grant documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience with managing Texas Employees Retirement System and/or Teachers Retirement System payroll and benefits.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse staff and student population.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Assistant Controller for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist new employees in enrolling for benefits and assist employees during the annual benefits enrollment period;
- Gather, update, and maintain benefits records; resolve related issues;
- Create and maintain timecards for College employees;
- Serve as a backup for payroll functions; and
- Work closely with Human Resources to onboard new employees.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Hourly rate of $13.00 – $14.00, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY