POSITION: Full-Time Employee Benefits Specialist – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of experience in payroll or a similar business function.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and controls, as well as experience with Word Processing software.
- A high level of proficiency and expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret legal contracts and federal and state grant documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience with managing Texas Employees Retirement System and/or Teachers Retirement System payroll and benefits.
- Associates degree and at least five years of experience in payroll or a similar business function; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business and at least two years of experience in payroll or similar business function.
- Be self-motivated and multi-task oriented with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of student and faculty.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Assistant Controller for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist new employees in enrolling for benefits and assist employees during the annual benefits enrollment period and after life events;
- Gather, update, and maintain benefits records; resolve related issues;
- Create and maintain timecards for College employees;
- Process direct deposit payments in bank and ERP systems;
- Sales Tax reporting and payment;
- Scan and index payroll and benefits documents;
- Reconcile benefits related liability accounts in the G/L to reporting entities;
- Provide assistance with yearly audit information requests and data validation;
- Provide assistance and input of Texas Employees Retirement System and/or Teachers Retirement System, TSA 403b and Texas ORP deductions; and
- Input and maintain employee tax and garnishment deductions.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$12.00 to $13.00 per hour
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, the search committee will begin reviewing applications on August 22, 2018. Candidates cannot be guaranteed full consideration if materials are received after that date. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY