All methods of admission listed below require assessment (see testing requirement), completion of an application and official transcripts.
High School/Home School Graduate Admission
A graduate of a public or accredited private high school or home school who is pursuing an associate degree or college transfer courses is eligible for unconditional enrollment.
- High School transcripts are considered official if sent through secure electronic submission from institution to institution OR mailed or hand carried to the Office of the Registrar in a sealed high school letterhead envelope. The transcript must contain the student’s high school graduation date and the signature or seal of the school official.
- Home school transcripts are considered official if it contains the student’s course work and grades assigned for each semester, along with the graduation date, and signature of the school official. The home school transcript must be notarized.
Online High School
- Not all online high school programs are accepted by Angelina College. Those students who obtain a diploma through a school or online program that requires only payment of a fee with little or no coursework requirements are NOT accepted. Determination of the legitimacy of these diplomas will be at the discretion of the Office of the Registrar. Graduates of such programs will be considered for admission on an individual approval basis (see Individual Approval Admission).
General Education Development (GED)
- Individuals who successfully complete the GED test and file their documentation in the Office of the Registrar are eligible for enrollment.
- A student who is attending an accredited high school may be permitted to enroll if all the following are met:
- Upon the recommendation of the high school principal or superintendent.
- With the permission of the parent or legal guardian.
- With assessment examination (SAT or ACT if available), TSI Assessment or state mandated alternative tests.
- The student may neither enroll in a college level course in which he/she requires remediation nor take remedial classes at Angelina College.
- The student must provide a final high school transcript upon graduation even if the student does not plan on attending Angelina College after graduation.
- A student who is not a graduate of a state accredited high school, but who is 18 years of age or older may be admitted conditionally.
- The student must submit verification of enrollment in GED classes.
- GED or high school transcript certifying graduation must be submitted by the end of the first semester of enrollment.
- College transfer students seeking enrollment for the purpose of earning a degree or certificate must present an official transcript from each college attended prior to their enrollment at Angelina College.
- Students on academic suspension from other colleges must submit a “Provisional Admission Request” along with addition paperwork to be considered for admission. Students admitted by this method are placed on probationary status for the first semester and remain subject to the requirements of probation until that student has raised his/her grade point average to the level of satisfactory progress as stated in the college bulletin.
Non-Degree Seeking Student Admission
- A student who is 55 years of age or older and not seeking a degree or certificate may enroll periodically. All students must follow regular enrollment procedures but will be exempt from assessment testing. The student must complete a Non-Degree Seeking petition in the Office of the Registrar. The student will receive a grade of audit (AU) for courses while using this method of admission.
- A student seeking re-admission, after having missed one long semester or more should re-apply for admission. If the student has attended another college since last enrolled at Angelina College, an official transcript from that college will be required.
Each student applying must meet the requirements described in the selected method of admission. A student who does not provide the required documents may be admitted conditionally with the understanding that the documents must be submitted by the official census date of the semester. Failure to provide the documents before next registration period will result in future enrollment and access to your Angelina College transcript being blocked.
No student will be permitted to re-enroll until enrollment requirements have been met.