POSITION: Full-Time Executive Director of Enrollment Management – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Five (5) years’ related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes, develop personnel, and foster excellent student service.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultures and experiences.
- Master’s degree in related field of study from regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a shared vision, implement strategic initiatives, and measure organizational performance.
- Experience with Texas higher education system and Texas community college legal and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
|Manages complexity||Balances stakeholder interests|
|Strategic mindset||Plans and aligns|
|Ensures accountability||Drives results|
|Collaborates||Builds effective teams|
|Drives vision and purpose||Continuously improves processes|
|Instills trust||Customer focus|
|Action oriented||Values differences|
|Develops individual employees||Demonstrates self-development|
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the President for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate an abiding commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Angelina College;
- Help to foster a vibrant and effective learning environment supporting the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, and ability backgrounds of community college students and the community at large;
- Serve on the College’s Executive Council to advise the College President and to contribute to the strategic direction and general leadership of Angelina College;
- Provide highly competent leadership of a range of programs and services including student recruitment, admissions, registrar, financial aid, veteran’s affairs, student retention and graduation, student life, residential life, international student services, student inclusion services and diversity programs, and student disability services;
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of marketing, branding, social media, and advertising campaigns as well as ensuring the quality of the College’s website and student service portal;
- Serve as a change agent for diversity, equity, inclusion, and multiculturalism;
- Ensure legal compliance as well as accurate and timely reporting by Enrollment Management departments;
- Collaborate on academic, enrollment management, and other initiatives designed to improve organizational efficiency and affordability as well as to improve retention and graduation rates;
- Engage in data-informed decision making and continuous quality improvement while planning and implementing strategies to achieve division and department goals;
- Ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time parameters, within budget, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and meeting service goals and customer expectations;
- Work with the enrollment management team to coordinate training and other educational experiences as needed with the goal of improving campus enrollment;
- Provide leadership for the offices of Enrollment Services & Registrar, Financial Aid, and Student Success & Inclusion within the context of “Roadrunner Central”, which is the College’s one-stop-shop for student services. Supervise and evaluate assigned staff; assist in policy, procedure and strategic plan development;
- Within the scope of Enrollment Management, ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and laws as well as with Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges standards;
- Develop and implement service excellence standards that foster a culture that creates excellent student experiences and student-centered processes; and
- Practice honesty by demonstrating a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles, values, truthfulness, and accuracy in all actions.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $70,000 – $100,000, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY