Do you offer online registration?

Yes. For more information about how to register online, contact Enrollment Services at 633-5212.

What is Campus Connect?

Am I eligible to register online?

How much does it cost to attend Angelina College?

How can I request a transcript?

To obtain a copy of your Angelina College transcript the Records Office requires a written request from the student. Transcript request forms are available at the Records Office or online.

If I'm on academic probation at another college, can I register at AC? 

Students on academic suspension from other colleges are not eligible for enrollment until the suspension period has elapsed. However, provisional enrollment may be established; contact Enrollment Services at 633-5212 for more information.

Will my college credits from another institution transfer to Angelina College?

 If the previous college you attended is accredited by a regional accrediting
agency , then yes, your credits will transfer.

Will my college credits earned at Angelina College transfer to other colleges and universities?

Yes, academic courses offered at Angelina College will transfer to colleges
and universities throughout the nation.  To ensure transferability, always
consult a counselor before registering.

What are documents are required for admission?

Do you offer online classes?

Angelina College offers a variety of online classes. More information is available on the Distance Learning Web page.

What distance education classes are available? 

A complete list of online classes is available on the Distance Learning Web page or on the Interactive Online Schedule.

Is on-campus housing available?

What kind of financial aid is available?
  • Pell Grant
  • Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG)
  • Federal Work Study Programs
  • Scholarships
  • Texas Grant
  • Veteran's Benefits - Hazelwood Act
  • Texas Rehabilitation Vocational Programs

Am I eligible for financial aid?

How soon should I apply for the Pell Grant if I want to attend Angelina College?

As soon as you have completed your latest income tax return - the sooner, the better.

What if neither I nor my parents will file an income tax return?

Then you may send in your Pell application (FAFSA) as soon as you wish. There is space for you on the FAFSA to indicate that you will not be filing an income tax return.

How often do I have to apply for the Pell Grant?

Just once a year.

How long does it take to get a Pell Grant?

That depends on you. The sooner you complete your FAFSA application, the sooner you will know about your grant. You may also apply for your Pell Grant over the Internet.

After I apply, what am I waiting for?

You're waiting for a Student Aid Report (SAR). That's what the government sends back to you. The SAR lets us know if you are eligible to receive a Pell Grant. On the SAR is an EFC number (Estimated Family contribution). This number is what the federal government has determined you can contribute to your own education. Your award will be based on this EFC number.

What if I forgot to list Angelina College as one of the institutions to receive my Student Aid Report?

You may call: 1-800-433-3243 or 1-800-4FEDAID.

How many hours do I have to take to get a Pell Grant?

You must be enrolled in at least three (3) hours to receive a Pell Grant.

If I transfer from another college and I have a Pell Grant, will my Pell transfer, too?

If you are eligible for a Pell Grant at another institution, chances are that you will be eligible for a Pell Grant at Angelina College. However, you must submit a Student Aid Report to Angelina College, as well as the other paperwork required to process a Pell Grant at Angelina College.

What kinds of scholarships are available?

High School Scholarships: Angelina College will grant to the valedictorian of each high school in this section of the state a one-year scholarship equal to full tuition as shown in the AC General Bulletin. This scholarship must be used during the fall and spring semesters following high school graduation. Recent graduates of Angelina County high schools may be eligible for the Angelina Challenge Award.

Angelina College Institutional Scholarships: Several Angelina scholarships depend on federal financial aid eligibility.

The Angelina College Scholarship Committee recommends that the first thing a student should do when making application for scholarships is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

This application is available in the financial aid office, most public libraries, and the local high school counselor's office.

Completion of this application will indicate to the student if he/she qualifies for federal or state financial aid, which includes the Pell Grant Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants, College Work Study programs, or Texas Public Education Grant. This application will also help the students see whether they are eligible for the Texas Grant, a new grant available to recent high school graduates with a recommended, advanced, or distinguished curriculum.

How do I know if I am eligible for a scholarship?

Typically, a scholarship recipient must be enrolled full-time and have a minimum GPA of 2.5.

There are six different categories of scholarships.

Category One: General Academic Scholarships-These scholarships are available primarily to recent high school graduates who have demonstrated academic excellence in high school. However, some academic scholarships are awarded to continuing students at AC or transfer students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their college courses. To be considered for an academic scholarship, the student is strongly encouraged to submit ACT or SAT test scores with the scholarship application.

Category Two: Angelina Challenge Award-This scholarship is reserved for recent graduates of accredited high schools in Angelina County and is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. To be eligible for this award, students must apply for the Pell Grant and must not qualify for more than $800 in financial aid.

Category Three: Boon Scholarships-There are two Boon Scholarships, the Boon Opportunity Scholarship and the Boon Teaching Award. The Boon Opportunity Award is reserved for adult students returning to college from the world of work, or homemaking and students completing their G.E.D. The Boon Teaching Award is reserved for students in a pre-education major from one of the counties in the college service area who plan to teach in this area after they complete their degrees.

Category Four: Health Careers Scholarships-These scholarships are reserved for students enrolled in a health careers program.

Category Five: Vivian Ezelle Johnson Scholarships-These scholarships are reserved for students who have a documented physical or learning disability.

Category Six: Shands Family Scholarships-These scholarships are reserved for students who have financial need that is not met by other scholarships or financial aid. Priority is given to students majoring in high demand occupations.

How can I apply for financial aid?

To apply, come by the Financial Aid Office, Room 208, Student left. Our regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our summer hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Application for scholarships awarded by the college should be addressed to the appropriate division or committee. P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin, TX 75902. Recent high school graduates are strongly encouraged to submit ACT or SAT results with the scholarship applications.

What forms and documents will I need to apply for the Pell Grant and all these other grants and scholarships?

For scholarships, contact the Financial Aid office for applications, deadlines and specific requirements. For any grant, including the Pell Grant, the only application you need is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When applying for any grant or short term loan, you should be prepared to provide Angelina College with copies of various documents, if requested. Some of these may include divorce decrees, income tax returns from you, your spouse, and/or your parents, W-2 forms and documentation regarding other untaxed income, such as Social Security and TANF (formerly AFDC).

Are there other requirements?

To obtain financial aid at Angelina College, you will need to fulfill the requirements for registration and be in satisfactory academic standing with the college. For more information, return to the Home Page and click on Future Student.

When applying for grants, you may be required to have your high school or GED transcript on file in the Admissions Office. In addition, to these transcripts, if you have been to any other college or trade school, you must also have current academic transcripts from those schools on file in the Admissions Office. The Financial Aid Office personnel will need updated financial aid transcripts on file as well.

What is a Financial Aid Transcript?

A Financial Aid Transcript is a transcript that is sent from one financial aid office to another financial aid office. These transcripts tell a financial aid officer about any financial aid you may have received at an institution. Financial Aid Transcripts must be sent from one financial aid office to another. It cannot be sent to the student's home. Note: Financial Aid transcripts must be sent regardless of whether you received financial aid at an institution or not.

Where can I get more information about financial aid and veteran's benefits?

For questions concerning financial aid programs, veteran's benefits, or Hazelwood Act benefits, please call 936 633-5291 or e-mail us.

When is the Financial Aid Office open?

Regular hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Summer hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.

Does AC offer a payment plan?

Yes. You can learn more about it here.

Where can I find course descriptions?

What is Angelina College's mailing address?

Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin, TX 75902 or 3500 South First Street Lufkin, Texas 75904.

When does the next semester begin and end?

What technical/workforce programs do you offer?