POSITION: Full-Time Financial Aid Generalist – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years office or customer service experience.
- Computer skills not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Associates degree in office administration or equivalent.
- Exemplary customer service experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to develop, prepare, audit and maintain accurate and complete records, reports and files.
- Establish and maintain appropriate project deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Financial Aid & Assistant Director of Financial Aid for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist students with admissions, academic advising, assessment, enrollment and financial aid services;
- Provide a one-stop help to students with regards to admissions, enrollment, academic advising, and financial aid;
- Process a variety of student applications used for such processes as enrollment, advising, and financial aid;
- Provide advisement to students regarding Financial Aid by answering routine questions and refer more specific and complicated issues to the appropriate person or department;
- Maintain all relevant record keeping and tracking;
- Assist students by providing, receiving, and copying documents to complete their financial aid record;
- Responsible for assisting students to complete their FAFSA;
- Responsible for preparing correspondence and memoranda using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming faxes, email, and mail with highly confidential and sensitive information;
- Prepare letters for mailing to financial aid applicants and recipients;
- Schedule appointments as directed;
- Review documents and data for financial aid applicants; review documents to assure all data required is included and attached. Record receipt of documents in database;
- Receive Financial Aid appeal packets, review for completeness, log receipt and decisions in databases, forward appeals to committee for review, and send letters to students regarding the outcome of the appeal;
- Responsible for various administrative functions;
- Assist in the maintenance of student records in the Docubase, Jenzabar EX, and Powerfaids systems;
- Utilize and update the calendar for appointments, schedules and meetings for Financial Aid; and
- Enter invoices for payment into the system.
WAGE AND HOURS:
Annual salary of $25,000, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY