Pell Grants

Pell Grants

A Pell Grant is a grant from the federal government. Pell Grants are not loans and do not have to be paid back to the government after graduation. At Angelina College, Pell Grants are available to undergraduate students pursuing either a Certificate or an Associate’s Degree.

For any grant, including the Pell Grant, the only application you need is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You should be prepared to provide Angelina college with copies of various documents, if requested. Some of these may include: divorce decrees, income tax returns from you, your spouse, and/or your parents, W-2 forms and documentation regarding other untaxed income, such as Social Security and TANF. Please be aware that you must show satisfactory academic progress for any grant or short-term loan.

You may pick up a copy of the FAFSA at Angelina College, your local library, or an area high school. Angelina College’s school code is 006661.

In order to be awarded a Pell Grant, there are other requirements specific to Angelina College. You will need to complete an Admissions form to the college and have your high school or G.E.D. transcript, as well as all other college (or trade school) transcripts, on file at the Admission’s office. By law, unless you have sixty (60) college credit hours, Angelina College must have an official high school transcript/G.E.D. certificate on file in order to award a Pell Grant.

Frequently asked questions about Pell Grants.