There are specific degree and course requirements for associate degrees.
Contact the Department of Visual and Performing Arts office at (936) 633-5233 for information about the following programs:
- All instructors have MFA degrees, terminal degree in visual arts
- Gallery program with visiting artists from Italy, Japan and England
- International cultural exchange with LABA Arts University in Florence, Italy
- Graduates of the program are “workforce ready”
- Each graduating class comprehends current image software and equipment (photography, design, editing/layout)
- Each graduating class possesses a solid understanding of the principles and elements of design
- Rigorous hands-on individual and team building project-by-project assignments in classes, practicum and internships
- Opportunities to display designs each semester in ACA art gallery
- Students have time within the 4- semester sequence to find and develop their artistic nature
- Personal attention through low student/instructor ratio in classes
- Guitar study – both classical and jazz offered
- AC Singers show choir – performs music/dances from 1920s to present day with costumes
- Ensembles – opportunity to perform with peers and community members in both small and large performing groups
- Jazz camp offered each summer for middle and high school students
- Personalized curriculum with low student/instructor ratio
- Nurturing environment, mentored by instructors
- Students are well-prepared to transfer into a BFA program
- State of the art facilities in Angelina Center for the Arts building
- Students have performance and technical theater experiences as 1st and 2nd year students (university students may not have these experiences until junior year)
- Opportunities to work as a crew member on Temple Theater professional productions; master classes with visiting professional artists
- Use of industry standard software-Pro Tools
- Instructor – 25+ years in commercial audio industry; engineered 70+ albums
- Low teacher/student ratio = more time available in the recording studio
- Intended for those students who have already completed the Associate of Applied Science in Design and Applied Arts
- TV Field Production
- Lighting for Film or Video
Now available for instrumentalists, vocalists, pianists, the AC Singers (show choir), and AC Chorale.
*Students are not required to major in music.
Contact Beckie Compton: 936-633-5237 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding scholarship auditions for A.C. Singers and/or A.C. Chorale.
Voice/Piano Scholarship Application
AC Singers Scholarship Audition Dates & Information
Piano Audition Information
Contact Beckie Compton: email@example.com or (936) 633-5237.
Band Scholarship Application
Band Scholarship Audition Dates
Instrumentalists: Contact Larry Greer; firstname.lastname@example.org or (936) 633-5236.
FINE ARTS SCHOLARSHIPS
Visual Arts Scholarship Application
Art Scholarship Portfolio Requirements
All students interested in scholarships in the Visual Arts program must complete the application and submit it with all other specified materials no later than the third Friday of April.
Contact Robbie Roach; email@example.com or (936) 633-5239.
Theater Scholarship Application
Contact Kary Raine; firstname.lastname@example.org or (936) 633-5232.