POSITION: Part-Time Geology Instructor – Lufkin and Online
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Geology.
- College teaching experience.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Science and Mathematics, the Part-Time Geology Instructor will perform the following duties:
- Prepare and teach geology courses, primarily physical geology.
- Teach online and evening courses.
- Prepare and teach lecture and course-related laboratories.
- Support the mission of Angelina College by maintaining high educational standards, advising students, and facilitating student learning outcomes.
- Perform other college-related duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Angelina College Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Teaching assignments will be based upon needs of the School of Science and Math.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Salary is competitive, based on the Angelina College Salary Schedule as defined for part-time instructors. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive public community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated in East Texas about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY