POSITION: Full-Time Groundskeeper – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED.
- General knowledge of lawn care and lawn care equipment.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, and students.
- Be punctual, dependable, and professional.
- Maintain a neat appearance.
- Be self-motivated and multi-task oriented with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of student and faculty preferred.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Employee will regularly be required to stand, walk, bend, stretch, and must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
- Exposed to weather.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Physical Plant and Campus Services for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Mow campus grounds and edge sidewalks;
- Till, water, and fertilize flower beds;
- Spray for insects;
- Remove dead shrubs and flowers;
- Plant and transplant shrubs and flowers;
- Prune trees;
- Rake leaves;
- Remove trash from campus grounds and parking lots;
- Empty all outside trash containers;
- Install traffic signs, perform minor repairs to damaged signs and paint or stencil;
- Sharpen and repair hand tools;
- Grease and change oil in tractors and mechanical equipment and perform minor repairs;
- Maintain work area in neat and orderly manner;
- Perform satisfactory quantity and quality of output; and
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$10.00 to $11.04 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY