POSITION: Full-Time Head Coach for Men’s and Women’s Soccer – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until filled
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities.
- Master’s degree.
- Public service orientation to work well with faculty/staff/students and community.
- Ability to supervise and train employees including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work with diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Acceptable computer skills.
- Ability to stay abreast of current and developing trends (video, audio, data and computing technologies).
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of student and faculty.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
The position will report to the Athletic Director and Dean of Instruction for Arts and Education for teaching responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policy and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and direct the Men’s and Women’s Soccer program;
- Develop participants as scholars, athletes, and citizens;
- Ensure that all players meet NJCAA, Region XIV, and Angelina College eligibility requirements;
- Keep up to date statistics and forward statistics to the appropriate entity;
- Make all arrangements for team travel and recruiting;
- Develop a fall and spring schedule;
- Develop a recruitment plan and actively recruit student-athletes;
- Actively enhance community relations and fan-base development;
- Conduct camps to provide a community service to the youth in the College’s service area;
- Provide academic advising to each player in the development of class schedule;
- Track the progress of each player in all classes and in academic program completion;
- Develop practice schedules;
- Teach the fundamentals skills and drills;
- Develop a weight training and fitness program;
- Develop and implement study table;
- Establish and maintain an ethical and moral code of behavior and living that is expected of the players on and off campus;
- Serve as an instructor of PHED courses; and
- The list above is not all inclusive and other duties and responsibilities as described in the Angelina College Policies and Procedures Manual may be assigned as necessary.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Ten and one-half contract. Salary assigned according to salary schedule in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY