POSITION: Part-Time Heavy Equipment Operator (HEO) Instructor – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Spring 2018
- High school diploma or GED
- At least five years of verified experience as a heavy equipment operator on various types of equipment (i.e. motor grader, excavator, dozer, front-end loader, etc.) required.
- At least three years of experience with machine maintenance required.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements, EPA regulations, and road construction standards required.
- Post-secondary certification or degree preferred.
- Classroom teaching experience.
- Experience as construction site foreman or supervisor.
- Experience with grading and road preparation.
- NCCER as a Craft Instructor for Heavy Equipment Operation.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Must possess the ability to interact with a diverse student population as well as faculty and staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
Under the direction of the Dean of Community Services, the Part-Time Heavy Equipment Operator (HEO) Instructor will perform the following duties:
- Assist with development and review the Heavy Equipment Operator training program;
- Deliver Heavy Equipment Operator training courses using related materials to support course objectives;
- Develop and/or follow a course syllabus for each course;
- Submit any required college reports and forms in a timely manner;
- Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives;
- Participate in instructor training programs for heavy equipment simulators; and
- Perform other college-related duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Angelina College Policies and Procedures Manual.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Teaching salary is $21/hour. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive public community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated in East Texas about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY