SECTION ONE: ORIENTATION AND TRAINING
1.01 The Board and the College President shall provide an orientation for new Board members within the calendar year of their election to assist them in understanding the Board’s function, policies, and procedures. Assistance given in the orientation of new Board members may include the following, as appropriate or available:
1. Selected materials on the responsibilities of being a contributing member of the Board.
2. Material pertinent to meetings and an explanation of its use.
3. Invitations to meet with the College President and other administrative personnel designated by the College President to discuss services the administration performs for the Board.
4. Access to a copy of the Board’s policies and administrative regulations and other documents and information currently in use by other Board members.
5. Information regarding appropriate meetings and workshops.
6. A formal orientation on legal and budgetary oversight responsibilities of the Board.
7. Other information and activities as the Board or the College President deems useful in fulfilling the role of Board member.
1.02 Public Information Coordinator
The College President or designee shall fulfill the responsibilities of the public information coordinator and shall receive, on behalf of Board members, the training specified by Government Code 552.012.