When structuring the committee, the committee on committees will assign at-large faculty and staff. These members will provide new dimension and an insight which can prove beneficial to institutional effectiveness. Members are appointed for one or two year terms which may be consecutive. Provisions are made for staggered replacement to ensure continuity. The committee on committees will determine the rotation process and will maintain up-to-date service records for the council. It is recommended that one council meeting be held in the spring of each year. If the need dictates, additional meetings may be called by the chairperson. The number of meetings for each sub-committee may vary. A council chairperson will preside at the council meetings and a secretary will maintain records. These officers will be elected and serve for one year. Broadly stated, the function of this council is to compile assessment data based on research data and internal and external assessment and to evaluate the achievement of outcome measures related to College District goals. The council also revises goals, if appropriate. More specifically, these functions include:
1. Assessing the accomplishments of all functional areas, correlating these to goals and objectives and support of the mission.
2. Receiving and reviewing all needs-assessment data, which includes all proposals and suggestions.
3. Assisting in the establishment of short-term goals, which includes reviewing current long-range goals and those which were accomplished.
4. Recommending appropriate responses to all reports received.
5. Serving as a communication channel to the decision-making structure for long-range planning and budget making.