POSITION: Part-Time Mail Clerk – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic clerical duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills needed including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of students and faculty.
- Must have good listening and verbal communication skills.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Exposed to outdoor conditions.
- Demands standing and walking for a prolonged period.
- Some physical effort required with the employee occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Physical Plant and Campus Services for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Pick up and deliver mail throughout the campus.
- Pick up and transport mail to off-site offices.
- Issue parking permits.
- Perform clerical work in the Maintenance office.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Be punctual and dependable.
- Maintain a neat appearance.
- Demonstrate superior customer service.
- Assemble highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload while paying attention to detail.
- Perform satisfactory quantity and quality of output.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$10.00 per hour, 19.5 hours per week.
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY