POSITION: Full-Time Maintenance Mechanic – Lufkin
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three years’ experience preferred in carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, or electrical required.
- Successfully manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload while paying attention to detail.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
The position will report to the Maintenance Manager for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems;
- Perform maintenance as required on facilities and utilities;
- Repair windows, doors, floors, roofs, stairways and locks in all buildings;
- Analyze and repair or replace electrical circuits, light fixtures and electrical locks and bells;
- Install electrical and transmission circuits for computers and other new electronic equipment;
- Repair and replace plumbing fixtures;
- Modify and/or repair furnishings;
- Repair plant equipment;
- Diagnose and repair kitchen and snack bar equipment and miscellaneous electrical or mechanical equipment;
- Assist in repair of air conditioning units and systems. Perform minor repairs to these units;
- Assist in maintenance of college vehicles;
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner and perform satisfactory quantity and quality of output;
- Diagnose and repair electrical, air conditioning and heating units on college vehicles;
- Perform minor engine tune up and repairs;
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds, or more, multiple times during a work shift;
- Repetitive motion involved on a daily basis may include, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, and squatting; and
- Exposure to weather.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$11.50 – $12.50 per hour/40 hours per week
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY