POSITION: Part-Time Mathematics Instructor – Jasper – Daytime
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Math education.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree including eighteen graduate hours in Mathematics.
- Teaching experience, especially teaching experience in Mathematics.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Science and Mathematics, the Part-Time Mathematics Instructor will perform the following duties:
- Teach developmental mathematics;
- Prepare and teach course-related laboratories; and
- Teaching assignments may include summer courses, but will include morning and/or afternoon classes.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Salary is competitive, based on the Angelina College Salary Schedule as defined for part-time instructors. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive public community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated in East Texas about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY