POSITION: Part-Time Morning Distance Education Assistant – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
- Prospective interviewees will participate in Word and Excel testing prior to the interview.
- Knowledge of using computers, email, faxes, and word processing software.
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Additional Microsoft proficiency.
- Experience with a learning management system (LMS), such as Blackboard.
- Experience with customer service.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of student and faculty.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Distance Education, the Part-Time Morning Distance Education Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Manage equipment supporting distance education; this includes distance education equipment in classrooms and labs and other classroom/lab equipment such as PCs, printers, projectors, recorders, monitors, cameras, etc.;
- Coordinate with IT Technicians to keep distance technology operational;
- Proctor combo classes in Lufkin as needed, (instructor teaches from a center rather than a campus connection);
- Assist distance education office staff with administrative tasks (e.g. answering instructors’ and students’ questions, faxing, distributing schedules and other items), as assigned by the Senior Director of Distance Education;
- Assure that the distance technology is operational and assisting instructors with technical issues when necessary; and
- Assist with typing, answering the phones, creating charts and graphs, faxing, and using the copier.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$8.50 to $9.38 per hour, 19.5 hours per week. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY