The Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs assists faculty, staff and administrators by:
- Researching and identifying appropriate funding sources;
- Coordinating with the development of grant proposals;
- Securing external funding opportunities; and
- Administering post-award grants management, reporting, and closeout.
NOTE TO STUDENTS AND PARENTS: If you are looking for information regarding Student Financial Aid, scholarships, and individual grants contact the Financial Aid office at 936-633-5291.
Current Active/Awarded Grants
- Kurth Foundation
- Meningitis Initiative
- Nursing Shortage Reduction Program (THECB)
- Perkins Grant (THECB)
- Skills Development Fund (TWC)
- Skills for Small Business (TWC)
- T.L.L. Temple Foundation
- Texas Mutual Fund (Texas Mutual Insurance Company)
Grants for Local Businesses
The Texas Workforce Commission offers multiple grant funding options to assist businesses with training for their workforce. For more information about these grant options, click the links below.
- Skills Development Fund (TWC) – This state-funded program provides local customized training opportunities for Texas businesses and workers to increase skill levels and wages of the Texas workforce.
- Skills for Small Business (TWC) – This exceptional opportunity supports businesses with fewer than 100 employees, and emphasizes training for new workers though it also may help upgrade the skills of incumbent workers.
- Skills for Veterans (TWC) – This fund addresses the training needs of post-9/11 veterans returning home and entering the Texas workforce. Employers who hire post-9/11 era veterans, especially those who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn or Operation Enduring Freedom, may be eligible to participate in this training opportunity.
Procurement Procedures for Grants
All specifications for equipment requiring formal bid opening ($25,000 or more) must be submitted to the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs before the 10th of the month to be included on the agenda for the next College Board meeting.
Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Grant
Use the links below to apply for Perkins funds for your CTE program.
- Perkins Professional Development Instructions
- Perkins Professional Development Request Form
- Perkins Professional Development Post Report
- Perkins Equipment Instructions
- Perkins Equipment Request Form
- Perkins Equipment Implementation Report
- Perkins Software/License Instructions
- Perkins Software/License Request Form
- Perkins Software/License Implementation Report
Additional information related to Perkins