POSITION: Part-Time Pharmacy Technology Instructor – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Actively employed in pharmacy for the past three (3) years and show evidence of teaching abilities and maintaining current knowledge, clinical expertise, and safety in the subject areas of teaching responsibility.
- Three years current work experience as a pharmacy technician.
- Hold a current PTCB certificate and active registration with Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work with web-based learning management systems (Blackboard, course navigator and PioneerRx and online testing).
- Ability to interact with a diverse student population.
- Knowledge and competence in pharmacology, communication, leadership and the ability to plan, direct, and supervise the work of learners.
- Ability to interpret the role of the pharmacy technician in society and present healthcare issues and trends.
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program.
- Membership and participation in professional organizations.
- Skills and ability to use current technology.
- Customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities
Under the direction of the Program Director of Pharmacy Technology, the Part-Time Pharmacy Technology Instructor will perform the following duties:
- Participate in the planning, implementing and evaluation of course content and learning activities of the program of learning;
- Participate in the development, implementation and enforcement of standards/policies and procedures for admission, progression, probation, and dismissal of students, and participation in academic guidance and counseling;
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to learning in the classroom, laboratory and clinical area;
- Serve as a liaison between learners and affiliate agency personnel and provide students direction for utilizing educational resources.
- Responsible for supervising students in clinical learning and skills environment, including all procedures performed by the student in the clinical area and ascertaining that the student is competent before allowing the student to perform an actual procedure independently;
- Participate in the selection of textbooks, instructional aids, and other educational equipment/resources;
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, progress and performance and records/reports to the office of records according to the college schedule;
- Attend and participate in all faculty, committee and program/college meetings;
- Maintain CEU credits on an annual basis and professional growth and development required by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board or Texas State Board of Pharmacy and the college; and
- Maintain professional competence, serve as an ambassador for the college and be committed to the mission and vision of the college.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Salary is competitive, based on the Angelina College Salary Schedule as defined for part-time instructors. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive public community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated in East Texas about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY