POSITION: Full-Time Purchasing Coordinator – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
- At least two years of experience in purchasing or a similar business function.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and controls, as well as experience with Word Processing software.
- A high level of proficiency and expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret legal contracts and federal and state grant documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience with Jenzabar ERP system.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse staff and student population.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Assistant Controller for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Review purchase requisitions for all commodities and services ensuring cost effective handling through an awareness of sources of supply, price contracts, cooperative agreements, product literature, and vendor interactions;
- Make independent purchasing decisions based on Texas and U.S. purchasing statutes through the creation of purchase orders in Jenzabar;
- Ensure proper documentation of all purchases;
- Prepare contracts and ensure proper maintenance of contract files, assign numbers, assist departments in contract preparation, verifying vendor registration, and tracking total expenditures;
- Maintain various procurement spreadsheets for contracts, spend, MBE, etc.;
- Provide spending reports and analytics based on Jenzabar data;
- Assist with drafting, publishing, executing, and coordinating formal Invitation to Bid and Requests for Proposals as needed;
- Respond to bidders, publish addenda, and conduct pre bid conferences;
- Open, announce, and publish bid results;
- Provide troubleshooting and assistance to departmental end users regarding issues with requisitions, budget error messages, POs, and goods receipts;
- Create and maintain procurement training materials;
- Answer questions from internal and external sources with respect to procurement policies and procedures;
- Maintain and provide documentation for annual audit; and
- Assist with year end closeout insuring that all payments are accounted for in the appropriate fiscal year.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Hourly rate of $14.50 – $16.01, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY