POSITION: Full-Time Recruiter II – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Work experience in education.
- Must maintain a valid State of Texas driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Education.
- Knowledge of admissions process.
- Experience in working with high school counselors.
- Vibrant, outgoing personality, able to present to groups.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others as a team.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Director of Enrollment Services/Registrar for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute effective recruiting plans to attract students to Angelina College;
- Assist in maintaining a recruiting database and follow up tracking system;
- Provide consistent and on-going follow up with candidates;
- Coordinate implementation of recruitment efforts to target social media channels and monitor the social media landscape to recommend emerging trends, tools or programs;
- Provide reports as requested;
- Maintain appropriate visitation/communication schedule with area high schools;
- Attend day and evening college and career fairs throughout college service area and surrounding school districts;
- Organize and participate in on-campus recruiting events;
- Network with professional associations, diversity organizations, leadership institutions and key agencies to recruit adult/non-traditional students;
- Prepare and present training/information sessions, as well as conference and other public presentations to Angelina College, school districts, and other external constituencies;
- Maintain communication with high school counselors and other school district personnel;
- Maintain communication with other AC division members for the purposes of joint outreach/Angelina College connectivity;
- Actively seek other avenues in which outreach may be conducted;
- Oversee the recruiting efforts of the Recruiter I position. Include Recruiter I in planning, high school visits, college fairs, etc.;
- Maintain or establish communication with community resources for the purpose of outreach;
- Serve the institution through participating on campus committees;
- Contribute to unit plan of operation to promote continuous improvement and acknowledge relevant regulations;
- Participate in annual professional development to enhance knowledge and skills in support of positions and College mission;
- Participate in appropriate research to document needs and effectiveness;
- Inform students of admission, financial and program requirements;
- Advise and register students during “peak” registration periods; and
- Remain current about new programs, program changes and other information critical to the successful recruitment of new students.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Annual salary of $30,000 – $33,000 in addition to excellent employee benefits. Twelve month contract. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY