POSITION: Part-Time Risk Management and Safety Instructor – Community Services – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Teaching experience.
- Experience in course development.
- Three years of safety and health work experience in any industry or current authorization as an OSHA Outreach trainer.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Approval as a trainer with one or more of the following organizations: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA Outreach Training Program for Construction and/or General Industry); National Safety Council (NSC); American Heart Association (AHA); American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI); or other sponsor of safety training.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
Under the direction of the Manager of Workforce and Continuing Education, the Part-Time Risk Management and Safety Instructor will perform the following duties:
- Obtain/maintain approval as a safety trainer through OSHA, NSC, and other training sponsors as needed.
- Deliver risk management and safety courses on a variety of topics, including courses designed to prevent the top injuries for workers in East Texas.
- Maintain student training records and comply with training standards as required by OSHA and other training sponsors.
- Follow a course syllabus for each course offered and develop and update syllabi as needed to meet requirements of training sponsors and the College.
- Submit class attendance rosters and grades to Community Services at the end of each course.
- Provide students with access to end-of-course evaluations after each course.
- Provide accommodations to students with disabilities as directed by Student Affairs.
- Submit any required college reports and forms in a timely manner.
- Advance the mission of the College through actions in instructional settings, with colleagues, and in the community.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
$21.00 per hour. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive public community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated in East Texas about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY