POSITION: Part-Time Sonography Clinical Instructor – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Allied Health Associate degree that is patient-care related.
- Experience in abdominal and obstetrics/gynecology ultrasound examinations and patient care.
- Evidence of professional manner and conduct.
- Current Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) with ARDMS credentials in both Abdomen and Obstetrics/Gynecology.
- Knowledge and competence in sonography, communication, leadership skills and the ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of learners.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for working with hospital affiliates.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms and interpret the role of the sonographer in society and present health care issues and trends.
- Must possess the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Sonography medical education.
- Membership and participation in professional organizations is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Special Demands:
- Travel is required to all clinical sites located in Lufkin, Nacogdoches, and Livingston.
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Have full use of hands, wrists, and shoulders, stand unassisted or sit for long periods of time, bend and stoop routinely.
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use, adequately view sonographic images including color distinctions, see and function in semi-dark settings.
- Distinguish audible sounds from both people and ultrasound equipment.
- Occasional stressful situations and/or situations involving complex interpersonal communication.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Sonography Program Director for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Be available to students at the assigned clinical facility;
- Provide appropriate clinical supervision and assistance to the student(s);
- Provide high quality instruction so that each student may meet course objectives during the duration of the clinical rotation;
- Be responsible for assessing student learning in the clinical setting;
- Maintain student records and provide documentation with established College timelines;
- Provide input regarding clinical instructor/preceptor and student evaluations;
- Maintain working knowledge of current issues, trends, and developments;
- Conduct pre and post conferences in the clinical setting and/or on campus;
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and display flexibility;
- Possess adequate and sufficient compassion, integrity, concern for others, and motivation;
- Perform duties assigned by the Program Director;
- Communicate with the Program Director on a routine basis; and
- Abide by policies, standards, goals, and objectives of the College and Program.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
Salary is competitive, based on the Angelina College Salary Schedule as defined for part-time instructors. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY