POSITION: Full-Time Production Designer/Technical Manager (Formerly Stage Operations Manager) – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Spring 2018
- An associate degree in theater or comparable technical course work or experience
- Minimum of two to three years of theater experience required.
- Demonstrated general technical skills required.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts preferred.
- ETCP certification (entertainment technician certification program) preferred.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft and Adobe office suites preferred.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software, including Blackboard or similar learning management systems.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Associate Dean of Instruction for Fine Arts for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Angelina College has a special educational partnership with the Angelina Arts Alliance, a nonprofit arts and cultural organization, which operates in the college’s Center for the Arts and presents an annual professional performing arts series along with a series of educational programs. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as stage operations manager for all AC and Angelina Arts Alliance events and assist in scheduling those events;
- Plan and implement technical set-up/operation/strike (including lighting, sound, rigging) to enhance a variety of professional touring entertainment events;
- Initiate acquisition/rental of goods and services in connection with events;
- Maintain and secure stage, lighting, sound, rigging and tool inventory;
- Secure and supervise all stage labor required for events. This includes students, local crews, and union crews with touring companies;
- Variable work schedule includes evening and weekend hours;
- Provide technical assistance for Fine Arts instructional team including assisting in practicum; and
- Must perform other duties and responsibilities required of a full-time employee as outlined in the Angelina College Policies and Procedures Manual.
Competitive salary based on Angelina College Salary Schedule, in addition to excellent employee benefits. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. A presentation may be required of finalists for the position. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a great place to work and Lufkin is a great place to live! From the arts to the outdoors, Lufkin offers a wide variety of entertainment activities. We have many parks and our residents enjoy spending time walking and biking on the beautiful Azalea Trail. Golfers have a choice of four different courses. Lake Sam Rayburn provides opportunities for fishing and boating. Families often enjoy spending a day at Ellen Trout Zoo. For those who prefer shopping and dining, Lufkin has a wide variety of shops and restaurants offering everything from antiques to clothing and home-style cooking to fine dining. Our downtown area offers quaint boutiques and is the scene of many community events. Spending a day at a museum doesn’t require a long drive to the big city. Lufkin is home to the Museum of East Texas, the Texas Forestry Museum, and the Naranjo Natural History Museum. The arts come alive with organizations like Angelina Arts Alliance, which hosts the performing arts from around the world.
With all that it offers in recreation and entertainment, Lufkin really is a great place to live.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY