POSITION: Part-Time Summer Camp Counselor (June-August) – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Some college hours.
- Experience working with children in an educational setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be willing to take 8-hour CPR course prior to start of summer camps or present proof of current CPR certification.
- Must be willing to take online Sexual Harassment Course prior to start of summer camps.
- Must be available to work as assigned between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, in June and July.
- Must possess the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Some college hours in Child Development or Education.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, and students.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse group of student and faculty.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Understand how to work successfully as a team within all levels of the organization and know how to contribute to the mission of the college.
- Work primarily with children both indoors and outside with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Position involves standing, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
- Occasional stressful situations and/or situations involving complex interpersonal communication.
It is the intent of the basic job requirements, duties, and responsibilities that these minimum requirements should, therefore, be referred to as a guide for, rather than a limitation to the services required.
The position will report to the Lead Camp Instructor/Manager of Workforce and Continuing Education for job responsibilities and other College related activities as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual. Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with lead camp instructors to assist in instructing summer camps;
- Escort campers between camps and early drop-off, lunch, and late pick-up locations;
- Check in and greet students and parents in the morning and check out and greet students and parents in the afternoons;
- Work camp hours as assigned by the office of the Dean of Community Services, not exceeding 19.5 hours per week;
- Attend a pre-camp orientation meeting in late May or early June; and
- Follow the policies and procedures of Angelina College.
WAGE AND HOURS:
$10.00 per hour
Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Completed application must be submitted to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, faxed to 936-633-3230 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Angelina College is a comprehensive community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas, and serving twelve counties of East Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY