POSITION: Part-Time Summer Camp Facilitator (June-August) – Lufkin
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Until Filled
- Some college hours.
- Experience working with children in an educational setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be willing to take eight-hour CPR course prior to start of summer camps or present proof of current CPR certification.
- Some college hours in Child Development or Education.
- Excellent English language, interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a customer-friendly attitude with the public, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, including those with disabilities.
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented, with the ability to set priorities in a busy environment.
Under the direction of the Lead Camp Instructor/Manager of Workforce and Continuing Education, the Part-Time Summer Camp Facilitator will perform the following duties:
- Work with lead camp instructors to assist in instructing summer camps;
- Escort campers between camps and early drop-off, lunch, and late pick-up locations;
- Check in and greet students and parents in the morning and check out and greet students and parents in the afternoons;
- Work camp hours as assigned by the office of the Dean of Community Services, not exceeding 19.5 hours per week;
- Attend a pre-camp orientation meeting in late May or early June; and
- Follow the policies and procedures of Angelina College.
CONTRACT & SALARY:
$16.00 per hour. Proof of identify and eligibility to work in the United States must be verified for the successful candidate.
A letter of interest, completed application form, a resume, and college transcripts are required for an applicant to be considered. Screening of qualified applicants will begin and continue until the position is filled. The position is open until filled. This is a security sensitive position and an appropriate background investigation will be made on applicants being strongly considered for the position. Please download and save the application to your computer before completing. The application may be downloaded via our website at http://www.angelina.edu/hr-jobs/ or application forms may be requested from Human Resources. Please submit the complete application packet to: Human Resources, Angelina College, P.O. Box 1768, Lufkin TX 75902-1768, fax to 936-633-3230 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angelina College is a comprehensive public community college of 5,200 students located in Lufkin, Angelina County, Texas. Lufkin is a city of 38,000 people, situated in East Texas about 120 miles northeast of Houston, 112 miles southwest of Shreveport, Louisiana, and 165 miles southeast of Dallas.
Angelina College reserves the right to extend search or not offer position advertised.
ANGELINA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY